* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:14 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: M-APP: Manglér- Feral Druid-80
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:01 am 

Introduction

Character Name: Mangler

Publicly known alts: Sxybacks' RL friend .

Class: Feral Druid

Armory Link:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Mangl%C3%A9r

First Name:Omid

Are you currently a Park Visitor? No

WoW Background-

Currently retired my WOTLK main, which was a level 80 Survival Hunter (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Ashielarry) and I'm starting to get back into raiding. I played a Rogue alliance side in BC and cleared all content, including KJ, as well as a Dwarf paladin, which i used to heal and tank. I have tanked everything but Sunwell and BT on this paladin, and healed up to BT.
When WOTLK was released i switched to a hunter alt i used to play and got him to 80 and he became my main. I've raided everything before ulduar, and before i stopped playing, i was doing achievement runs of 25man Naxx, 2-d( downed) and attempts at 3-d (I quit before my guild downed 3-d), EoE 6minute runs. I heavily PvPed as well on my hunter, i switched between a holy pally/resto shaman for 2's. Towards the end of my hunters playtime, i spent my time helping guildies and friends out in 2's. I'm not a fan of the "hero" class because classes where severely imbalanced.

i've played a Holy paladin as well, having healed all of the WOTLK instances except Ulduar with this toon. Paladin had BIS in various slots of gear, 4/5 Valorous for kicks. I usually switched to this toon when my guild was short healers, or had an excess of dps.

I also played had a Druid for awhile in WOTLK (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Scarean) , healing everything but EoE, and dpsing ( boomkin) 25-man Naxx, and tanked up to Sarth 2-D I stopped playing this toon in favor of my hunter, because of how appealing Survival became with upgrades.
Previous Guild (include server please): Diab Soul- Eredar (horde);

Date joined: Jan '09
Date of departure: still in the guild, but as of March'09 he's been inactive.
Reason for leaving: Real life commitments ( School and work)
Class played while in guild:Hunter, Holy Paladin.
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact:

Please describe to us in detail both your mainspec and offspec for raiding and how they will benefit the raid over other specs.
Currently geared for Feral dps, but willing to switch to Feral tank after everythings reslotted. Feral dps is a power horse now since the upgrades to the tree and alot of the Cat form abilities.

Please describe to us your gear for both your mainspec and offspec and explain what gems are in both sets of gear and why you chose those gems.
Currently geared for Feral DPS, but i'm 3/5 valorous 1/5 Heroes. This toon has healing gear, but not gemmed, and only 1 set piece.

Why do you play World of Warcraft?
To occupy my time when im not working or in school. I have alot more time now with the summer coming around.

Why did you choose to apply to Park Balance?
An RL friend of mine, Sxyback, plays with the guild.

How did you find out about us?
from Sxyback =)

Are there any members from Park Balance that can be contacted for a referral?
Sxyback =)

Activity

Currently our scheduled raids run from 8PM to 12AM Monday to Thursday.

Will you ever be unable to attend any of our scheduled raids? (please describe why and when)

On days my girlfriend has off, or on days i work i will not be able to raid.
my hours change depending on the day, but i will know ahead of time and will be able to notify if i am unable to attend. I usually work 1-5 and raid time is 6pm my time ( pacific) so i'll be on 90% of the time.im only 15-20 minutes away.

Your Background

Do you play any other computer or console games?
yes, CS:S is pretty much the only other computer game i play, i own a few consoles, but console gaming was never my thing.

Please describe to us your responsibilities outside of World of Warcraft:

i do go to school full time, as well as Work part time, my scheduling for work may for me to miss on a raid, but on those days i will be able to notify the raid leaders in advance.

I am , as i mentioned before, in a committed relationship, and will not put WoW before her.

Raiding Experience

Please describe your knowledge and experience with all Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade and Vanilla World of Warcraft.

I started playing wow towards the end of vanilla WOW. I have raided everything in BC, and have healed 10/25 mans as well as tanked my share.
I also have experience with the entry level WOTLK instances pre3.1, having dpsed, healed, and tanked

Learning and Self-Improvement

Ulduar is the newest hot topic raid instance. What encounters have you educated yourself on from this instance? Please give us a breif explanation of at least one of the fights from this instance that you have not yet completed yourself.
I have watched the stream videos of the PTR encounters. I am currently watching and reading various starts for Ulduar. I have not had any experience raiding Ulduar, but am learning the fights and strats as quickly as i can =)

What sources do you use to attain information on raid encounters you have not yet completed? (please provide specific URLs)
http://www.tankspot.com/ is what i mostly use for videos, and for written strats i use WoWWIKI.

What amount of time do you feel is long enough to spend wiping on a new encounter before it would be wise to call the raid for the night and come back another day?
for a new encounter? use the entire allotted raid time.Don't waste a night. raids are scheduled, and i firmly believe in sticking it through. It gives the raid a great chance to learn from their constant mistakes, and give them an incentive to Pick up their slack after the xxxth wipe. Thats what progression is, just grinding it out till you get it right.

What is your opinion of the raiding achievements blizzard has added to the game? It gives people more of an incentive to continue raiding those raids , even after they've gotten BiS or all the loot they need for said raid. I think it helps mediate between gear gaps in guilds... Achievements would give the main raiders a reason to continue raiding, while giving the new guys a chance to gear up .

Do you set yourself goals in World of Warcraft? If so, what goals have you completed in the past, and what are your current goals?
Meh. I do but its always pvp based. my current goal is to get a decent 2v2 partner and just play arenas.

PVP Experience

Do you currently participate in arena PVP?
atm no, but i did on my Hunter.

Please explain your Burning Crusade PVP accomplishments:

I played a ShS/Hemo rogue in BC. For awhile i ran Priest/Rogue in season 2-3...floated around 1700. my priest partner moved to a different server, so i picked up a Dream state druid, who was my guilds MT and one of our best healers, and we played through the end of season 3 and got up to 1810. we spent the majority of season 4 climbing up to 1900+, ending the season with a 2100 Team rating for 2v2. Mostly had trouble with mirror comps teams.

Technical Feasibility

Please describe the computer(s) [technically] and surrounding environment you play in:
I play in my own room, with a lock on my door... Dual monitors as well as ventrilo set up.

Do you ever experience FPS lag?
Yes unfortunately. I m tight on money, so i haven't upgraded my computers RAM.

Do you ever get disconnected from the Internet? If so, why?
Comcast mostly fails. its a terribad ISP .

Do you currently own a full working version of Fraps?
no.

Do you own any video editing software? If so, are you familiar with it?
no i am not unfortunately.

Would you be interested in assisting with guild video projects?
I wouldnt have enough time to help out with extra wow projects.

Bonus Points

What do you think "Park Balance" means? Be creative and have fun.

Uhm... parks and recreation?

Post subject: Re: M-APP: Manglér- Feral Druid-80
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:54 pm 
Park Groundskeeper

Seeing as we failed Sxyback's intiation, I am going to jump to the conclusion that you will not be following through with this app. So I am closing it.

Thank you for applying to Park Balance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]