* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:44 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: M-APP: Bonejamin - Priest - 80
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:18 am 

Introduction

Character Name: Bonejamin

Publicly known alts: None. I'm working on one though, Suavo (lvl 75 atm). He's gonna be Prot :).

Class: Priest

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Bonejamin

First Name: Gene

Are you currently a Park Visitor? Negative.

WoW Background

Previous Guild (include server please): Currently, I'm in Ctrl Alt Del.
Date joined: Start of May.
Date of departure: I will be leaving within the week. Thus why I'm applying to PB :).
Reason for leaving: I feel a bit like an outcast. I feel like there isn't really much for the "new guy" in terms of building friendships and such. I don't believe I'm really in a guild, just someone who shows up to raid. People ignore gchat, don't hang out on vent, and ignore you if you've got a question or need some kind of help. This isn't exactly a guild environment I envisioned prior to joining.
Class played while in guild: This priest.
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Xavoron(Warrior) and Taldiin(Druid). These two guys are pretty much the only ones that treated me nicely. In addition, when I formed a mostly-pug ulduar10 this week (1shot the place till Mimiron, then discontinued after a few wipes on him), they were the two that came with me. I think they got to see what kind of player I am, and the kind of leader I can be.

Previous Guild (include server please): Hippies
Date joined: Middle of September, if I remember correctly. I actually formed the guild and was the GM all the way until very recently, where I joined CAD upon disbanding my guild.
Date of departure: Start of May
Reason for leaving: We were a casual guild of friends whom raided the 10mans and pugged people for 25s. It was fun and all until people started to slowly find their own permanent places and guilds. There was nothing bad involved, it was just the right time for the guild to die. So I disbanded and am now trying to find the right guild for myself :).
Class played while in guild: I was on this priest.
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Myself!!!

Previous Guild (include server please): Dread
Date joined: Several months prior to release of 3.0
Date of departure: A month before 3.0
Reason for leaving: They decided to stop raiding till WotLK. The guild simply got burnt out and couldn't fill the raids anymore. I left to make my own little guild of friends.
Class played while in guild: This priest, but I was raiding as Shadow.
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Xavoron. The same warrior from CAD I just mentioned. He was with me in Dread, actually. Apart from him, I don't remember anyone else from the old Dread crew. Besides, I think they disbanded recently.

Please describe to us in detail both your mainspec and offspec for raiding and how they will benefit the raid over other specs. My main spec isn't much different than any other priests, really. The only thing is, I skipped Lightwell. I'm not exactly fond of the spell because it is a very situational spell. I can think of plenty of situations where it may be useful, but it isn't something that a priest will be using all the time. I still have not made up my mind on the talent "Body and Soul." Again, the personal cleansing of poison is great, but not many fights spit poison. In addition, Shamans can cleanse that with totems. Also, it gives a speed increase to the target upon casting PW:S, which is nice, but not always necessary. I understand on some fights it may be nice (Mimiron/GenV, I suppose), but it isn't something that is useful ALWAYS.

About my offspec... Currently, it is my pvp-disc spec in my armory. But it is typically my shadow spec. When it comes to raiding, my offspec is going to be considered shadow. Again, it isn't different than any other priest's shadow spec, but I do get the "Healing Focus" talent. Why? Because I'm a priest! That's what I am, and always will be. Even if I'm DPSing like crazy, if there is a situation that arises that needs me to heal right away, I'm ready to do it. The pushback reduction will help tremendously :). I'm always ready to start backup healing no matter what. I'm a priest, I heal. Keeping people alive is always a priority for me.

Please describe to us your gear for both your mainspec and offspec and explain what gems are in both sets of gear and why you chose those gems. My mainspec gear consists of pieces with lots of spirit (or in some cases, like the ring, with mp5). I'm a mana-regen whore! That's what I stack. All my gems revolve around that. My enchants too (notice the staff enchant, the cloak enchant, and the meta gem). The only gem that does not reflect my mana-regen philosophy is the gem on my chest (the spell power + int gem). I just noticed I had that. If I remember correctly, I got that robe on my first naxx25 run and that was the first gem I found that fit that slot at the time. I was so excited to get it, that I didn't really care what gem I put into it. I think I'm gonna switch it to something more suitable soon. In addition to that, my "side" stats are typically revolved around crit, although I have been picking up some haste stuff. I love crit. Crit = free heals for me, on occasion. Although arguably crit was more useful prior to the most recent patch, it's still not bad. But I am considering starting to use haste gear, seeing as crit isn't as useful anymore (in my opinion). My offspec gear, shadow, isn't that good. I don't have many pieces, and my hit isn't capped. I'm still working on that gear, that's all I have to say about that. I don't think I would consider it ulduar25 ready.

Why do you play World of Warcraft? Because I enjoy it!

Why did you choose to apply to Park Balance? My buddy, Pyrox, tells me there is a good community here that gets stuff done. I'm a pretty competative person, and want to be among the best. He tells me you guys are starting hardmodes and are the kind of guild that will achieve that. That's what I'm all about. I'm willing to learn and progress. I don't mind wipe nights at all. My favorite thing in WoW is staring at a boss, getting my ass kicked repeatedly, but then eventually, conquering that encounter. That's the best part about this game. When that moment happens, when the boss falls over :). Dread spent a whole month on Brut, and we never even beat him. But you know what? I came every night with my flasks, food buff, and pots just to keep getting floored for a month. I found it fun. We were progressing well and getting closer and closer by inches. It sucks the guild stopped raiding before he died though :(.

How did you find out about us? I seen you guys around for a long time now, it's not like your guild is new to me. I just found out from Pyrox though that you guys might be interested in adding some new raiders to the team. So I decided to apply.

Are there any members from Park Balance that can be contacted for a referral? Pyrox.

Activity

Currently our scheduled raids run from 8PM to 12AM Monday to Thursday.

Will you ever be unable to attend any of our scheduled raids? (please describe why and when) Honestly, Monday is the only day that I "might" have to miss for an hour or so. I'm actually an EMT and Monday is technically my shift night (from 6pm to 5am server time). The thing is though, Monday night is the quietest night of the entire week. I haven't been on call in 2 months, to be honest. And last time there was a call before 12 was probably 3months ago, heh. So yah, Monday nights I might run into something, but doubtful. Basically, I just sit at home with my pager on during the shift. If I do get a call, I'm typically back within the hour though.

Your Background

Do you play any other computer or console games? Nope, I really should though. My brother and I bought a brand new ps3 over December break, and we only bought MetalGearSolid4. We beat it, and that's it. The thing has been laying there on the floor since December without anyone touching it. I feel pretty bad about it, heh. I think I should buy a bunch of games or something just so the ps3 gets played some.

Please describe to us your responsibilities outside of World of Warcraft: Like I said a few questions above, I have an EMT shift every Monday night. Also, every 6 weeks, I have another EMT shift on Saturday night, but that doesn't interfere with the raid schedule. Other than that, I'm a full time college student.

Raiding Experience

Please describe your knowledge and experience with all Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade and Vanilla World of Warcraft. Pre-BC, I only raided up to ZG/AQ20/Ony/MC/BWL(about 4 bosses). I didn't do much in Vanilla because I started playing rather late, and you guys know how it was back then. A progression guild took a while to go from one raid instance into another, haha. Gearing up was pretty tough, and it was difficult to get into any higher up guilds unless you had lots of friends. In BC, I did everything up to Brut in SWP. The highlight of my BC career though was doing an entire summer's worth of ZA Bear Runs. I was one of the only people to set up successful pugs (about 85% success rate) every reset. I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for some of the most random people on this server having their bears. Those were fun times. In Wotlk, I did everything up to Mimiron in Ulduar 10man. On 25man, I saw the first two wings and Hodir down. Other than that, I saw the rest of the content WotLK has to offer thus far.

Learning and Self-Improvement

Ulduar is the newest hot topic raid instance. What encounters have you educated yourself on from this instance? Please give us a breif explanation of at least one of the fights from this instance that you have not yet completed yourself. The fights that I have not completed thus are: Mimiron, GeneralV, Yogg, and Algalon. The only fight I have not read or seen any strats of yet is Yogg. So because of this, I'll just explain Mimiron for the question. Keep in mind I've only had about 6 attempts on him and never got past phase2. There are 4 phases to this fight. Before I explain the phases, I would like to point out that the 4th phase is a combination of the first 3 phases. So because of this, understanding the first 3 is incredibly crucial. So, to begin, in phase1, the raid group is fighting what I would hall the "legs" of the boss. It is a tank that looks very similar to FlameLevi, whom is the first encounter in Ulduar. This tank though, is just a lot smaller, and is capable of instagibbing your tank. He has a few moves that the raid should watch out for. The first being is Napalm. He'll be shooting this napalm at the ranged classes and it'll cause a giant mess of fire underneath them. Anyone caught in the fire will get the debuff. So, because of this, in phase 1, it is important for the ranged to stay spread. We don't want more than 1 person with this debuff. It hurts a lot (ticks for a lot of damage, quickly), and is capable of killing someone easily. Next is the mines. He places mines near around him in a "circular" formation. The melee dps must be aware of where the gaps are between the mines so they can run away from the boss safely without hitting them. This is because when the boss starts gathering electricity (it looks like little electric lines/sparks are coming out of him), this means there will be a ton of AoE damage around him. All the melee have to run out (through those gaps in the mines). If they get hit by the AoE, they'll likely die. Also, the mines can do a lot of damage as well. The last and final move in this phase is a plasma blast. Plasma blast typically comes before the big AoE I just mentioned. This thing does A LOT of damage on the tank in a very short period of time. The tank requires LOTS of heals, or blow his cooldowns, or even maybe have someone else use their cooldowns (such as using Guardian Spirit on the tank). This ability has a very high chance of killing tanks. Onto phase2... The second phase cannot be tanked. You're pretty much fighting a thing with "arms" that are turrets and are also capable of shooting rockets. The most damaging thing in this phase are the rockets. The raiders must be aware of red "spots" on the ground, so they should probably tilt their camera down. If they see the spot, they know a rocket is coming at them. So what to do? You have to move! Also, the arms will just be shooting at targets pretty much all day long. This phase requires lots of healing. The melee must always be behind the turrets and avoid all possible damage. He will also be doing a heatwave, so the melee must step out of that or else they will take damage + a dot afterwards. The final skill the this boss has in this phase are his lasers. He'll start the lasers and they will twirl around the room (pretty slowly) kind of like Lurker's spout. If a member gets hit by, it's almost certain death. There is a VERY nasty dot that is applied if one gets hit by it. The 3rd phase is the "air" phase. There is going to be a round object that'll spawn and will need to either be tanked by a caster, or a spell reflecting warrior. He is capable of targeting a member int he raid and doing some high damage, but nothing incredibly dangerous. In addition to that, there will be mobs spawning, including bombbots. All these adds need to be taken care of and/or CCed so that the raid doesn't die to the AoE damage. These mobs will also drop an item (magnet) that needs to be used beneath the giant flying head to bring it down. Once it is down, melee can step in and start hitting it. Soon after, it'll fly up again and the phase kind of repeats itself until you kill the head. It is important to note that it is a good idea to put on free-for-all loot on this fight so that anyone can pick up the magnet item. When the 4th phase begins, the 3 units combine into one giant robot. These things must be killed within a few seconds of one another. The parts retain most of their abilities, including: the dropping of the mines, the elecricity aoe, the lurker-like spout, rockets, and the air unit's ability that targets someone and hits them for a considerable amount of damage (it is called plasma ball). Keep in mind, there is still tanking in this phase similar to the tanking in the previous phases.

What sources do you use to attain information on raid encounters you have not yet completed? (please provide specific URLs) www.wowhead.com, and http://www.tankspot.com. If I don't find everything that I need from those two sources, or I just need to reference something else, I use http://www.bosskillers.com and http://www.wowwiki.com
If you want specific URLs for the fights I mentioned that I did not complete, here they are:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/49036-ulduar-mimiron.html http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/49375-ulduar-general-vezax.html http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f214/49057-10-man-yogg-saron-kill-video.html

What ammount of time do you feel is long enough to spend wiping on a new encounter before it would be wise to call the raid for the night and come back another day? I don't know if there is a measurable "time." I think it more so depends on what the situation is and how we're doing. If it seems as though people are annoyed, fed up, angry, etc, for whatever reason, then it is probably a good idea to quit for the day. Why? Because people who are just frustrated and unhappy don't may not perform because they're not in the right state of mind for it. On the other hand, if people are enjoying themselves, then try to push the raid even longer (maybe even beyond the normal raid time). Also, if there is visible progression and it looks like the raid is improving constantly, it may not be a bad idea to keep trying and not quit just yet. Good things may happen :). People who are not ready to wipe on new content shouldn't be raiding in the first place, IMO. Raiding is a learning experience, it is progression. Wipes will be there. If people can't handle it, they shouldn't be in a progression guild, in my opinion. Anyway, I don't have a good answer for this, so... Sorry?

What is your opinion of the raiding acheivements blizzard has added to the game? Some of them are fun, challenging, and can be considered great accomplishments. I have only played in mostly pugs, so I never really gone after any of the hard ones, but I would like to. They add an element in the game that make me want to complete it. For example, doing something like "of the nightfall," would be phenomenal. Too bad the closest I've ever got to that is 118k left on the boss :(.

Do you set yourself goals in World of Warcraft? If so, what goals have you completed in the past, and what are your current goals? I have raiding goals. I want to see everything that Blizzard has to offer to me in terms of PVE content. My goal, when BC came out, was to see Hyjal. I loved that one mission in WC, so I wanted to relive it again in WoW. I made it happen. I actually loved the raid instance too. It was so unique. Then I wanted to kill Illidan. He kept telling me I wasn't prepared. I made that happen too. When SWP came, I wanted to kill K'J, but unfortunately Dread stopped raiding. I guess that goal was never accomplished. My current goal is to kill Algalon. He's the so-called "Raid Destroyer." Yah... Right :twisted: .

PVP Experience

Do you currently participate in arena PVP? Haha, not so much. I've played by first 2 games of arena in WotLK last week with Pyrox. We went 1-1 then called it a day. God damn DK/Rogue team really bent me over and I took it hard no-lube. I'm pretty discouraged after that :(.

Please explain your Burning Crusade PVP accomplishments: Nothing incredible, really. I only pvped a little bit. During season3 though, I did make it to 2k rating for about a week or two. I can't say it was well deserved though. I did through Rogue/Mage/Priest. So that's not much of an accomplishment. What I will say was a bigger accomplishment though was hanging around the 1800s bracket with my brother when we first started PvPing in season2 for fun. We were both in Kara gear and made it that far, lol. It was pretty fun, until he decided to quit the lock and make a druid. Then I stopped pvping till late s3 and made it to 2k like I said.

Technical Feasibility

Please describe the computer(s) [technically] and surrounding environment you play in: I play on a laptop that was 2gig Ram, 2.5gz Duo, with 256mb graphics card. My surroundings? A large basement. I don't have any noise disruption or anything.

Do you ever experience FPS lag? Rarely, very, very rarely.

Do you ever get disconnected from the Internet? If so, why? It has not happened to me in ages. And last time it did, it was because of the weather.

Do you currently own a full working version of Fraps? I use WeGame instead if I wanted to make videos. Is Fraps preferred?

Do you own any video editing software? If so, are you familiar with it? Lol, only the standard windows video editing software I have, nothing special. I did work with Adobe Premiere in one of my classes though, I'm very familiar with that. But then again, I'm not sure how much that costs and whether or not I should buy it...

Would you be interested in assisting with guild video projects? I'm a helpful fella, so yes. Why not? It would be fun :).

Bonus Points

What do you think "Park Balance" means? Be creative and have fun. Umm... Well, when you consider the word balance, it is most accurately described as equilibrium. Or at least, I would like to believe so. The word "park" has two meanings. One of which is used as a place, the other as more of a verb/adjective. A parked car, maybe. So, a park balance, perhaps, can be describing dependent equilibrium. By this I mean, when you park a car, you're actually using the breaks. It isn't natural. You're not like placing a car somewhere and not expect it to roll away. There is something stopping it. So this wouldn't be a true balance or equilibrium. I suppose, a park balance, to me, isn't a "real" equilibrium. Really, I can't come up with something funny or interesting at the moment. It's 2:15 and I'm out of ideas, hah.

Post subject: Re: M-APP: Bonejamin - Priest - 80
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:19 am 
Park Groundskeeper

I like your application, but we aren't in need of a Holy Preist at the moment. If you would like to discuss the option of going Disc full time, or perhaps working you in another way please contact me in game.

I realize going Disc would be a major change to your playstyle and your gear isn't set up for it. Going Disc requires a particular play style which you may not be capable of or interested in, which is why I would like to discuss it with you to determine whether or not there is an oportunity for us here.

If you are having trouble contacting me they feel free to get in touch with Lithic or Jugganot. Although, I should be on most of the day tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:28 pm 
Park Management

Even if you were recruited as Holy, there is no reason you should be glyphed for PW:S as a holy spec'd priest. Also given the change to spirit with patch 3.1, int is actually far and away the best regen stat for priests. Not spirit anymore. So if you were to continue to focus on regen as a main stat that'd be the way to go.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:40 pm 

I believe that is actually debatable, and is more based on preference. I'm not getting into details, nor do I really want to start an argument either.. But, for us holy priests who spec into "Holy Concetration 3/3" (Your mana regeneration from spirit is increased 50% for 8sec after you critically heal with FH,GH,BH or Renew), it seems to make more sense. For those priests who prefer to stack crit as well, it makes sense to prefer spirit gems.

As far as the glyph issue... If you noticed, I'm a scribe. I change my glyphs all the time. If I want to pvp in BGs and want to pvp as holy, it's not a bad glyph to have to help a teammate out real quick with a small heal. There are other glyphs I use that typically may not look good for a total raid scene, but are worthwhile to use in certain situations.

Anyway, I suppose I will withdraw my application. Thanks for consideration, goodluck, PA.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]