* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:14 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: M-APP:Mitallust-Mage-80
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:22 am 

Introduction

Character Name: Chef Mitallust, Guardian of Cenarius

Publicly known alts: What is this, alt of which thou speak?

Class: Troll Mage

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... =Mitallust

First Name: Jacob

Are you currently a Park Visitor? Not yet, but I believe I will visit quite often.

WoW Background

(Copy and past the following form for each previous guild that is relevant to your raiding history.)
Previous Guild (include server please): Airship Down - Stormscale
Date joined: September 2008
Date of departure: March 2009
Reason for leaving: I never really left per say, as my heart will always be with my guild and former guildmates.
Class played while in guild: I think I played a mage, but I could be mistaken
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Deryn, Mikrowave

Please describe to us in detail both your mainspec and offspec for raiding and how they will benefit the raid over other specs: I currently raid as Fireball and Arcane. Fireball benifits the raid with awesome damage that really can burn the boss (sometimes 3rd degree), and also give a 5% crit (although I've heard it is becoming useless with 'Locks overridding it). My other spec is Arcane, which benifits the raid with mobility dps, as well as another fellow raider can get a whole 3% crit from FM (now that I think about it, my FB spec has that... oh well)

Please describe to us your gear for both your mainspec and offspec and explain what gems are in both sets of gear and why you chose those gems: I don't gear my mage, Rawr does it for me. Although I've heard humans are getting close to being as close as machines in terms of perfection.

Seriously though, I gem for Spellpower, crit, and other nice mage DPS things for FB, and Spellpower, haste, and a tiny bit of spirit for arcane.

Why do you play World of Warcraft? For great victory.

Also it gives me a challenge most other things in life might not be able to give, or afford to give at a reasonable price.

Why did you choose to apply to Park Balance? I like the name Park Balance, and hope a Guardian of Cenarius might find a home here.

How did you find out about us? Recruitment posts, spam, all that wonderful jazz.

Are there any members from Park Balance that can be contacted for a referral? Not that I know of.

Activity

Currently our scheduled raids run from 8PM to 12AM Monday to Thursday.

Will you ever be unable to attend any of our scheduled raids? (please describe why and when) I have to go to the washroom sometime during those times due to a minor bladder infection, but other than that I should be good.

Your Background

Do you play any other computer or console games? There is other computer games?

Please describe to us your responsibilities outside of World of Warcraft:

Cook, clean, bathe myself, and sometimes I even go for a stroll after donning my Sunday best.

Raiding Experience

Please describe your knowledge and experience with all Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade and Vanilla World of Warcraft.

WotLK: Naxx 10&25, EoE 10&25, OS+3 25, Red Proto-Drake, Ulduar up to Kolo.

BC: Kara, Gruuls, Mags, ZA, SSC, TK

Vanilla: Northing, but I love to poke around a bit.

Learning and Self-Improvement

Ulduar is the newest hot topic raid instance. What encounters have you educated yourself on from this instance? Please give us a breif explanation of at least one of the fights from this instance that you have not yet completed yourself.

I have educated myself on all the encounters, and written strats for them using info from all the popular sites you young-uns like. Wowikki, Stratfu, Wowhead, MMO-Champ, etc.

I have not killed Ignis yet, but the fight seems very straightforward. A modified tank and spank, with DPS burning as fast as possible while trying to avoid interupts, Heals staying on top of OTs, MT, and Slag-Pot victums, watching out for Interupts as well, and OTs trying to pick up contructs ASAP, and calling out for shatter. Not too bad.

What sources do you use to attain information on raid encounters you have not yet completed? (please provide specific URLs) Above mentioned sites.

http://www.wowwikki.com
http://www.mmo-champion.com
http://www.stratfu.com

What ammount of time do you feel is long enough to spend wiping on a new encounter before it would be wise to call the raid for the night and come back another day? 3-4 hours. If at the end of 4 hours and you aren't getting it, let the raid sleep on it, think about some tweaks that they might need, and giver on the next attempts.

What is your opinion of the raiding acheivements blizzard has added to the game? Keeps it very interested, although understandably some people may be against it.

Do you set yourself goals in World of Warcraft? If so, what goals have you completed in the past, and what are your current goals? Currently I wish to work on as many achievements as possible, notably finishing up reps that I have missed.

PVP Experience

Do you currently participate in arena PVP? Nope

Please explain your Burning Crusade PVP accomplishments: None

Technical Feasibility (lol)

Please describe the computer(s) [technically] and surrounding environment you play in: Quiet and awesome

Do you ever experience FPS lag? Lag? Not since like 2005.

Do you ever get disconnected from the Internet? If so, why? Yes, because my mom turns on the microwave and it interupts the router. Don't worry, I'll sabatage that evil device and you shall have me, D/C free.

Do you currently own a full working version of Fraps? Nada.

Do you own any video editing software? If so, are you familiar with it? None :(

Would you be interested in assisting with guild video projects? I suppose?

Bonus Points

What do you think "Park Balance" means? Be creative and have fun.

A bunch of druids hanging around the old watering hole (fountain/dispensing unit), talking about the good 'ole days, when the World Tree wasn't corrupt, and the Aspect of Magic wasn't insane.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to read my app.

Post subject: Re: M-APP:Mitallust-Mage-80
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 am 
Park Management

you're alliance, this is a horde guild, i don't see how any sort of relationship could happen..i just don't want to be hurt again

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 am 
Park Management

O.O

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:11 am 
Park Groundskeeper

The armory says hes a troll...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:44 am 
Park Management

the app says troll the armory says goat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:05 am 
Park Management

well, whatever you are, at this time we are full on mages. Thank you for apping. If your an Allie, I hope to kill you one day.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]