* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:01 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: M-APP: Ijlijlijlijl - Rogue - 80
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:06 pm 

Introduction

Character Name: Ijlijlijlijl

Publicly known alts: Barcodesdk, Chaair, Sarz

Class: Rogue

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Ijlijlijlijl

First Name: Jon

Are you currently a Park Visitor? No

WoW Background

(Copy and past the following form for each previous guild that is relevant to your raiding history.)
Previous Guild (include server please): Treason - Cho'gall
Date joined: Since before I hit 80, only have been 80 for a month or so.
Date of departure: N/A
Reason for leaving: Seeking a more hardcore raiding guild, this "casual" raiding is killing me.
Class played while in guild: Rogue
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Harrymobius (GM), Poswab

Please describe to us in detail both your mainspec and offspec for raiding and how they will benefit the raid over other specs.

PvE Mut (51/13/7) Main spec - For my gear and weapons this is the best spec for me in raid settings. Because of a lack of weapon choices I do not have an offspec for raiding, but once I get my hands on Calamity's Grasp I will have PvE combat as an offspec.

Please describe to us your gear for both your mainspec and offspec and explain what gems are in both sets of gear and why you chose those gems.

PvE Mut Main spec: I have gemmed mostly for attack power because of the amount of crit I get from talents. Also I currently have more then enough hit for Raid Bosses.

Why do you play World of Warcraft? Because I'm addicted and it keeps me from going out and getting drunk all the time.

Why did you choose to apply to Park Balance? I remember your guild from TBC and your group has always been solid and very progression oriented.

How did you find out about us? Cho'gall forums - saw a recruitment post.

Are there any members from Park Balance that can be contacted for a referral? Unfortunately not.

Activity

Currently our scheduled raids run from 8PM to 12AM Monday to Thursday.

Will you ever be unable to attend any of our scheduled raids? (please describe why and when)

I am free all of those days, my classes are over early afternoon every day and I play poker online for my job so I make my own hours :)

Your Background

Do you play any other computer or console games? Not really atm, was big into CS, Warcraft III, Starcraft, CoD 4

Please describe to us your responsibilities outside of World of Warcraft:

I am currently a college student getting my bachelor's in chemistry and in my off time I play Roller Hockey in a local adult league, go out with friends a lot and play poker online so I'm not broke lol.

Raiding Experience

Please describe your knowledge and experience with all Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade and Vanilla World of Warcraft.

Pre BC: Redhorseman - 60 Dwarf Hunter - Aggramar - Cleared everything except Naxx and C'thun. Main pulled AQ40 and Naxx through our progression.

TBC: Chaair - 70 Tauren Druid/Sarz - 70 Undead Warlock - Cho'gall - Rolled Sarz and Chaair a few weeks before TBC came out to play with some RL friends over here. We were in Whipped Cream Bikini which was progressing through SSC/TK. Guild broke up because of some drama and my RL friend and I created Hush which progressed through SSC/TK. That guild broke up because of even more drama so I went to Attrition with my room mate. Cleared SSC/TK/Hyjal/BT. Didn't really get much SWP progression in there at all because I stopped playing WoW for awhile. Came back about a month and a half ago I would guess to level my rogue.

WotLK: Ijlijlijlijl - 80 Undead Rogue - Have cleared 10/25 Naxx, 10/25 OS, 10/25 VoA (not Emalon unfortunately), and Flame Leviathan and Razorscale in 10 Ulduar. Have not done EoE although I know the fight well, but with my current guild not really raiding all that much anymore competent PuGs are annoying to find.

Learning and Self-Improvement

Ulduar is the newest hot topic raid instance. What encounters have you educated yourself on from this instance? Please give us a breifexplanation of at least one of the fights from this instance.

Razorscale - Gist of the fight is kill adds until Razorscale drops - go nuts on him, rince/repeat. Dont be an idiot and stand in fire lol.

What sources do you use to attain information on raid encounters you have not yet completed? (please provide specific URLs)

http://www.mmo-champion.com
http://www.elitistjerks.com
http://www.arenajunkies.com

What ammount of time do you feel is long enough to spend wiping on a new encounter before it would be wise to call the raid for the night and come back another day?

Depends on how much progression you are getting on the boss. If there is no improvement shown at all because you just do not have the gear (ex. DPS races like XT-002) then it would be wise to call sooner then later. But if you are making progression on almost if not every attempt then keep going as long as everyone is willing to stay. If you are wiping because of stupid crap like people not doing their jobs/standing in stuff that hurts then its not time to call the raid, its time to replace people.

What is your opinion of the raiding acheivements blizzard has added to the game?

I think they are neat and people can flex their epeen but in the end I believe it as just another thing Blizzard added so people will keep paying every month. It was not a needed addition by any means imo.

Do you set yourself goals in World of Warcraft? If so, what goals have you completed in the past, and what are your current goals?

Yes - rep goals but more importantly maximizing my class for whatever role I am filling in raid (rep leads to this in some cases ie gear upgrades). For example being a constant top healer in TBC in my guild, or maximizing my dps for my rogue. Other then that I always have had arena goals because I love PvP although since I mainly play w/ RL friends/people I have known in game for awhile I have not seen over a 2k rating but have been very close.

PVP Experience

Do you currently participate in arena PVP?

Yes although since I just hit 80 not too long ago S5 was just used for having fun for me.

Please explain your Burning Crusade PVP accomplishments:

1900 bracket 2s/3s on my lock and druid.

Technical Feasibility

Please describe the computer(s) [technically] and surrounding environment you play in:

2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Quad Q6700 Processor, 2 Gigs Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT Graphics Card

Do you ever experience FPS lag?

Not unless I have other programs running.

Do you ever get disconnected from the Internet? If so, why?

No unless Comcast has issues which I haven't experienced lately.

Do you currently own a full working version of Fraps?

Cracked version... yes lol

Do you own any video editing software? If so, are you familiar with it?

No but my RL bud does.

Would you be interested in assisting with guild video projects?

Not sure how much I could help with that but I have a lot of friends that know a good deal about it.

Bonus Points

What do you think "Park Balance" means? Be creative and have fun.

Not really sure... could mean a balance between fun and serious moments (hopefully more serious moments for the sake of progression). could also be a referance to a perfectly executed 180 parallel park using the e-brake... which performed correctly is awe inspiring, which is the reaction Park Balance wants when other people talk about them :)

Side note: I have an enormous amount of raiding experience and I am quick to learn new encounters. I will always be overly prepared for raids and you wont hear me complain and moan unless someone is constantly doing something wrong... in which I might explode :).

Edit: Bolded answers for easier viewing

Post subject: Re: M-APP: Ijlijlijlijl - Rogue - 80
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:43 pm 
Park Groundskeeper

It concerns me that the fight and only fight you described in your interview is one of the two fights you have already completed yourself.

Quote:
Ulduar is the newest hot topic raid instance. What encounters have you educated yourself on from this instance? Please give us a breifexplanation of at least one of the fights from this instance.

Razorscale - Gist of the fight is kill adds until Razorscale drops - go nuts on him, rince/repeat. Dont be an idiot and stand in fire lol.

The question was designed pre-3.1 as a way to determine whether or not the applicant had done their homework. In this case it appears you havent, as if you had, you would most likely be more inclined to describe one of the more interesting and difficult fights later on in the instance.

At the moment we have two full time rogues and another intitiate we are trying out, we are not interested in another rogue unless they are capable of out-performing any of our current ones. I have very little faith that you would be able to acheive this, as it doesnt seem like you put in enough effort out of raids to peform at your maximum inside raids.

I suggest you go out and get the exalted Sons of Hordir shoulder enchant and the revered KOTEB Head enchant before you apply to another "hardcore" raiding guild. In the meantime, with casual enchants and a casual attitude your probably best off in a casual raiding guild. :?

Good luck, and thank you for applying to Park Balance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]