* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:02 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: M- APP: Rhurak 80 <Blood Omen>
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:48 pm 

Introduction

Character Name: Rhurak /Youngbull (51 shaman in process of leveling)

Publicly known alts: Shadow

Class: Rogue

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... l&n=Rhurak

First Name: James

Are you currently a Park Visitor? No

WoW Background
Started in December, leveled solo, learned my class best i could made friends to help me out to maximize my lethality.

Previous Guild (include server please): Blood Omen :Cho'Gal
Date joined: 03-2009
Date of departure: Still member
Reason for leaving: Looking for better personal raiding times, and guild that is ready to change when necessary to make raids fun, fast, and easy
Class played while in guild: Rogue
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Arles, Sxyback

Please describe to us in detail both your mainspec and offspec for raiding and how they will benefit the raid over other specs.
Currently Mutilate (53-10-7). From talking to other true raiders, and reading online, was IMO best spec before patch. So far seems to be performing well, but willing to listen and learn new spec/rotations to keep my DPS optimal
No current offspec

Please describe to us your gear for both your mainspec and offspec and explain what gems are in both sets of gear and why you chose those gems.
4/5 Valor, Heroes Gloves, Gemmed to get socket bonus maximize Hit primarily, and agility secondly

Why do you play World of Warcraft?
To have fun, been a gamer since i was about 6 when Nintendo came out....seems to be a passion i cant lose :) I also hate to lose/die so is it more than jsut a casual past time. Always striving to get better and surpass others

Why did you choose to apply to Park Balance?
Other guildmates tipped me off that it was a progressive guild looking to expand its roster wit serious players.
How did you find out about us? Guild mates

Are there any members from Park Balance that can be contacted for a referral? No

Activity

Currently our scheduled raids run from 8PM to 12AM Monday to Thursday.

Will you ever be unable to attend any of our scheduled raids? (please describe why and when) Those nights all work for me, i do have a 6month old son, if something serious were to happen i would not be able to attend. But 9pm est (8 server) is past his bed time (and my wife's: she is a teacher got to be up early) so really no one to interfere with my usual gaming

Your Background

Do you play any other computer or console games?
Currently no, WoW seems to be my addiction of choice. Do enjoy final fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts, and some FPS

Please describe to us your responsibilities outside of World of Warcraft:
Stay at home dad, that gets to level my alts during the day while son is playing/sleeping

Raiding Experience

Please describe your knowledge and experience with all Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade and Vanilla World of Warcraft.
Wrath i am up to date with all raids (partially on Ulduar been reading up on it to and watching ids when i can)
I started playing when WotLK came out so not very familiar with BC or Vanilla, have done a few in spare time if group is up and guild is not doing anything
Learning and Self-Improvement

Ulduar is the newest hot topic raid instance. What encounters have you educated yourself on from this instance? Please give us a breifexplanation of at least one of the fights from this instance.
Razorscale- Down waves of adds as turrets come up, once chained DPS hard, Rinse repeat.
Once below 50% drops to ground have tank, tank away from adds, melee extreme care as AOE will kill u quickly

What sources do you use to attain information on raid encounters you have not yet completed? (please provide specific URLs)
Wowhead.com Youtube.com Elitistjerks.com RogueRogue.com

What ammount of time do you feel is long enough to spend wiping on a new encounter before it would be wise to call the raid for the night and come back another day?
If making progress on boss and making it thru phases faster/further 1 hr of fight time (not counting walk backs)

What is your opinion of the raiding acheivements blizzard has added to the game?
Acivements are great way to set goals, bt not entirely how people should be judged. Just because one person lagged out, or was dumb, doesnt mean a person isnt Undying worthy, so great to set goals, not the best for judging a players skills

Do you set yourself goals in World of Warcraft? If so, what goals have you completed in the past, and what are your current goals?
Goals include getting best gear availble, and getting achievements when can.
Also like to quest/daily alot to reach new heights of gold

PVP Experience
Not much
Do you currently participate in arena PVP?
Nope
Please explain your Burning Crusade PVP accomplishments:
None
Technical Feasibility

Please describe the computer(s) [technically] and surrounding environment you play in: Desktop shares room with son's nursery. can use really anytime, but limited to TALKING on vent, can listen adn act as needed no problem. Also can use wife's laptop anywhere in house. No lag or fps probs on either

Do you ever experience FPS lag?
RARELY
Do you ever get disconnected from the Internet? If so, why?
No
Do you currently own a full working version of Fraps?
No
Do you own any video editing software? If so, are you familiar with it?
No own none (can download) fmailiar with Premier
Would you be interested in assisting with guild video projects?
Possibly

Bonus Points

What do you think "Park Balance" means? Be creative and have fun.
Well a park is a place where u have fun....but fun comes best when balanced with those out for blood and those that can keep a cool head and get things going how they should

Post subject: Re: M- APP: Rhurak 80 <Blood Omen>
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:50 pm 
Park Management

You are way over hit capped. Why are you gemming for it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:51 pm 
Who took my picnic basket?

Mutilate was not the best raiding spec before patch. The best spec was combat with fist/sword. Now it is fist/dagger combat. Also, your gemming is extreamly wrong, you have hit and stam gems stacked. Can you explain this please?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 am 

I was under the impression that hitcap was at 400, just recently hit that and haven't gotten around to re-gemming, Also reason for stam gems was as i said i gemmed to get all the socket bonuses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:45 am 
Who took my picnic basket?

you don't have to use stam gems to be able to get socket bonuses. I can get any socket bonus without having to use stam gems. Also you should not gem for hit once you are over 340 hit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:10 am 

Well whether or not i am accepted i do thank you for your advice and will make the changes as i can :)

Will also look into the Spec you mentioned. I have read up on what I could on both ElitistJerks and RogueRogue, so i will see what info i can find on those

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:47 pm 
Park Management

At this time I have to deny this app. Ty for apping.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]