* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:24 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: M-APP: Vaio - Rogue - 80
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:58 pm 

Introduction

Character Name:

Vaio

Publicly known alts:

None on this server, but I have a priest on a different server. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&n=Evilcise

Class:Rogue

Armory Link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Vaio

First Name:

Ben

Are you currently a Park Visitor?

No

WoW Background

(Copy and past the following form for each previous guild that is relevant to your raiding history.)
Previous Guild (include server please):

I have not been in any guilds that have raided seriously or anything. My last guild was http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Maiev&gn=Love

Date joined:

Don't remember the exact date.

Date of departure:

A Longg time ago.

Reason for leaving:

I was transferring, and this was just a friendly guild with a few irl friends.

Class played while in guild:

Rogue/Warrior/Priest

Please list any references from that guild that we may contact:

None of them play anymore, but I assure you, I am cool. :D

Please describe to us in detail both your mainspec and offspec for raiding and how they will benefit the raid over other specs.

I am a rogue, with my mainspec being mutilate/preparation, and my offspec being combat. I will raid as combat, since my pve gear is better suited to being combat.

Please describe to us your gear for both your mainspec and offspec and explain what gems are in both sets of gear and why you chose those gems.

Most of my gear is pvp gear, or just random gear I have picked up from pugging different raids/instances. I think I have chosen the right gems for my rogue, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Why do you play World of Warcraft?

To have some fun, why else would you play a game?

Why did you choose to apply to Park Balance?

You guys seemed like a progressed PvE guild, with a friendly enviroment inside.

How did you find out about us?

Doople.. lol

Are there any members from Park Balance that can be contacted for a referral?

You can talk to Doople, though I don't really know him, but I got most of the information about your guild from him.

Activity

Currently our scheduled raids run from 8PM to 12AM Monday to Thursday.

Will you ever be unable to attend any of our scheduled raids? (please describe why and when)

I should be able to make most raids.

Your Background

Do you play any other computer or console games?

Warcraft 3 (DotA), and I recently bought Killzone2 for the Ps3.

Please describe to us your responsibilities outside of World of Warcraft:

I'm a student, so mainly to study and learn, live life.

Raiding Experience

Please describe your knowledge and experience with all Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade and Vanilla World of Warcraft.

Vanilla WoW: None!

The Burning Crusade: Everything until kalecgos stomped my guild pretty bad.

Wrath of the Lich King: OS, Naxxramas.

Learning and Self-Improvement

Ulduar is the newest hot topic raid instance. What encounters have you educated yourself on from this instance? Please give us a brief explanation of at least one of the fights from this instance.

I have currently not read up on any of the fights in Ulduar, mainly because I don't expect to be put into Ulduar to soon, and bosskillers has no written strategy guides atm.

What sources do you use to attain information on raid encounters you have not yet completed? (please provide specific URLs)

[url]Bosskillers.com[/url]

What ammount of time do you feel is long enough to spend wiping on a new encounter before it would be wise to call the raid for the night and come back another day?

It depends on the wipe, if we are progressing more and more after each wipe, I would be down with wiping until killing the boss, but if the wipes are due to sloppy execution or stupid mistakes, I'd say after maybe 1-2 hours of consecutive wipes, we should take a break.

What is your opinion of the raiding acheivements blizzard has added to the game?

In my opinion, some of the raiding achievements are fairly easy, while others are hard. I'd love to be able to achieve some of them.

Do you set yourself goals in World of Warcraft? If so, what goals have you completed in the past, and what are your current goals?

My past goal was to complete Black Temple on my priest, which was complted. My current goal is to complete Ulduar on my rogue.

PVP Experience

Do you currently participate in arena PVP?

Yes

Please explain your Burning Crusade PVP accomplishments:

I was pretty good at shadow pvp on my priest, particularly in 2's and 3's.

Technical Feasibility

Please describe the computer(s) [technically] and surrounding environment you play in:

I play in a fairly quiet room, without many interruptions nearby. My computer is not a gaming computer, but it can keep up unless it is patch day and everyone is experiencing 100 second lag and we're in the middle of wintergrasp with 20 mages spamming blizzard and 30 warlocks spamming rain of fire, and 40 rogues spamming fan of knives.

Do you ever experience FPS lag?

From time to time, though seed of corruption has sometimes caused my FPS to spike.

Do you ever get disconnected from the Internet? If so, why?

Rarely, but recently a new laptop has been causing disconnects on my router, I'm trying to figure out why.

Do you currently own a full working version of Fraps?

No

Do you own any video editing software? If so, are you familiar with it?

I do not have any video editing software.

Would you be interested in assisting with guild video projects?

I could if needed, but I have no prior experience/knowledge about video editing.

Bonus Points

What do you think "Park Balance" means? Be creative and have fun.

I believe Park Balance means how blizzard "parked the balance" of the game back when they made paladins and death knights op as hell. This applies to the rogues and druids of bc. And the shadowpriests of vanilla wow.

P.S. I LOVE COLORS.

Post subject: Re: M-APP: Vaio - Rogue - 80
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 pm 
Park Management

Denied. Your last app was denied.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]