* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:15 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: MAPP: Pogmothoin - Rogue - 80
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:07 pm 

Introduction

Character Name: Pogmothoin

Publicly known alts: None

Class: Rogue

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Pogmothoin

First Name: Ryan

Are you currently a Park Visitor? No

WoW Background

Previous Guild (include server please): Resurrection- Ursin
Date joined: Winter 2007
Date of departure: Summer 2008
Reason for leaving: Left the game
Class played while in guild: Lah - Holy Priest
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact:

Please describe to us in detail both your mainspec and offspec for raiding and how they will benefit the raid over

other specs.

Main Spec- Assassination. Great single target dps for longer fights with bleed/poison effects. Excellent AoE dps for

trash clearing with Fan of Knives.
Off Spec- Subtalty. Honor among Thieves.

Please describe to us your gear for both your mainspec and offspec and explain what gems are in both sets of gear

and why you chose those gems.

Best gear for both mainspec and offspec maximizing AP and crit while maintaining poison hit cap. Gems in my gear are

a combination of +hit and +agility. I chose agility gems > AP gems to increase crit and dodge because a dead dps is

a useless dps.

Why do you play World of Warcraft?

I enjoy exploring end game content and challenging myself to improve in all aspects of the game.

Why did you choose to apply to Park Balance?

I'm interested in an end-game guild in which I will be able to raid Uludar and I have heard of Park Balance's good

reputation.

How did you find out about us?

In addition to seeing you around the server, one of your members- Antidotez linked me the web page and encouraged me

to apply.

Are there any members from Park Balance that can be contacted for a referral?

See above.

Activity

Currently our scheduled raids run from 8PM to 12AM Monday to Thursday.

Will you ever be unable to attend any of our scheduled raids? (please describe why and when)

With exception to unforseen emergencies that raid schedule fits into my life perfectly.

Your Background

Do you play any other computer or console games?

In the past I have played Diablo II, Starcraft and Warcraft III but currently I play PS3 occasionally with friends.

Please describe to us your responsibilities outside of World of Warcraft:

Construction work during the day, laid back lifestlye besides.

Raiding Experience

Please describe your knowledge and experience with all Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade

and Vanilla World of Warcraft.

Very experienced with all WotLK raid content, Very experienced with all Vanilla WoW content and experienced with BC

raid content up to Hyjal, BT and Sunwell.

Learning and Self-Improvement

Ulduar is the newest hot topic raid instance. What encounters have you educated yourself on from this instance?

Please give us a breif explanation of at least one of the fights from this instance.

The first boss in Ulduar is the Flame Leviathan, a fight with vehicles like Malygos P3. Players have the

opportunity to choose between 3 unique vehicles before the encounter, all 3 are needed for the fight. During the

fight the Flame Leviathan will be kited around the room by a random Siege Engine (Boss changes Siege Engine target

every 30 seconds). Players driving choppers are responsible for laying oil slicks in the Boss's path in order to

slow the boss (his movement speed gradually increases to a cap of double normal) and deal extra damage while he is

stunned.
Siege Engines not kiting the boss should be trailing him in order to interrupt Flame Jets using a skill called

Electroshock and be ready to pick up the boss if he turns to attack them (Siege Engines have a skill called Steam

Rush which may be necessary to utalize to increase speed). Passengers on Siege Engines shoot hovering ammo to load

a ranged cannon and bombard the boss.
The third vehicle, Demolishers, stay at range from the boss at all times and use Hurl Boulder to dps. Demolishers

can also load passengers to be launched onto the Leviathan to ride its back and attack turrets. Once a turret is

destroyed a button will appear which triggers Overload Circuit- a 10-second channel which stuns the boss, increases

its damage taken by 50%, and resets its speed. At this time Demolishers can use Hurl Pyrite Barrel to inflict

massive damage on the stunned Demolisher.
When lanched passengers are shucked from the Leviathan's back choppers should race to pick them up and return them

to the demolishers so a downed passenger doesn't eat a flame jet.
Repeat and defeat!

What sources do you use to attain information on raid encounters you have not yet completed? (please provide

specific URLs)

http://www.wowwiki.com/

What ammount of time do you feel is long enough to spend wiping on a new encounter before it would be wise to call

the raid for the night and come back another day?

I think it worth while to wipe on new content for many hours as long as progression is occuring. When it is apparent

that people are too tired and no longer getting better at new content it is time to call it a night.

What is your opinion of the raiding acheivements blizzard has added to the game?

The new raid achievements add another aspect to the game that makes old or completed content challenging and new

again!

Do you set yourself goals in World of Warcraft? If so, what goals have you completed in the past, and what are your

current goals?

Yes, I tend to push myself to better my gear and my reputations. Now that I have viable raiding gear I hope to

advance my achievements and that of my companions in game and also progress through new content as it comes!

PVP Experience

Do you currently participate in arena PVP?

Casually.

Please explain your Burning Crusade PVP accomplishments:

Casual pvping. Casual 2v2 Arena with a mage buddy up to 1750.

Technical Feasibility

Please describe the computer(s) [technically] and surrounding environment you play in:

24" Samsung monitor, 2.21Ghz AMD processor with 3Gb RAM. 2x 512mb Geforce 9800 GT video cards

Do you ever experience FPS lag?

No

Do you ever get disconnected from the Internet? If so, why?

Once in a long while due to unknown causes.

Do you currently own a full working version of Fraps?

No

Do you own any video editing software? If so, are you familiar with it?

No

Would you be interested in assisting with guild video projects?

Sure with some education.

Bonus Points

What do you think "Park Balance" means? Be creative and have fun.
Don't park in front of expired parking meters or it may effect my bank balance.

Post subject: Re: MAPP: Pogmothoin - Rogue - 80
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:04 am 
Park Management

plz contact me ingame, and have vent.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]