* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:33 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: M-APP: Shaithis - Rogue - 80
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 am 

Character Name: Shaithis

Publicly known alts: I don't do alts.

Class: Rogue

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Shaithis

First Name: Max

Are you currently a Park Visitor? No

WoW Background

Previous Guild (include server please): <Vae Victis> of Bleeding Hollow
Date joined: January 2003
Date of departure: Spring of 2006
Reason for leaving:Merged with <Cryptic Union> to become <Serious Business>
Class played while in guild: Rogue
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Still on the server: Mutter, Selmy/Lrinn

Previous Guild (include server please): <Serious Business> of Bleeding Hollow and Cho'gall (xfer)
Date joined: Spring of 2006
Date of departure: Winter of 2006
Reason for leaving: Took a hiatus from WoW
Class played while in guild: Rogue officer
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Still on the server: Mutter, Selmy/Lrinn

Previous Guild (include server please): <NTL> of Cho'gall
Date joined: Fall of 2007
Date of departure: Summer of 2008
Reason for leaving: Guild disbanded
Class played while in guild: Rogue, was not an active raider
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Zooc

Previous Guild (include server please): <To Be Determined> of Cho'gall
Date joined: February 2009
Date of departure: April 2009
Reason for leaving: Guild disbanded
Class played while in guild: Rogue
Please list any references from that guild that we may contact: Any old member; Invayne, Tsayad, Eyehealpets, etc

Please describe to us in detail both your mainspec and offspec for raiding and how they will benefit the raid over other specs.

Please describe to us your gear for both your mainspec and offspec and explain what gems are in both sets of gear and why you chose those gems.

I will respond to these in one post. I think that we can all agree that 95% of the rogues that play this game are terrible. I am one of the 5% that is not. I have been playing this character since release and have accumulated a lot of knowledge over the years. I am an active poster on Elitist Jerks and am always on the bleeding edge of min-maxing my character to deal the maximum DPS with currently available gear. I know my role, which is to come to raids on time fully repaired and stocked with the best possible consumables (flasks, expertise food, potions of speed, etc), and help kill stuff while following the Golden Rule of 0 DPS while dead.

Why do you play World of Warcraft?

Because I like to raid and enjoy the low-budget entertainment it provides

Why did you choose to apply to Park Balance?

I want to progress in Ulduar and my guild just fell apart...

How did you find out about us?

Please, I've been hearing about you guys right after you took the same xfer we did back in 2006. :P

Are there any members from Park Balance that can be contacted for a referral?

I don't recognize anyone from a quick glance at your roster, but I'm sure that I know someone. Perhaps they will vouch for me. :P

Activity

Currently our scheduled raids run from 8PM to 12AM Monday to Thursday.

Will you ever be unable to attend any of our scheduled raids? (please describe why and when)

Most days I will be on. My schedule is limited only by my girlfriend - sometimes we have people over or go out. Also, sometimes I travel overseas for work and have had mixed experienced with hotel wireless at the place I usually stay at.

Your Background

Do you play any other computer or console games?

Not lately, but I have played a ton of stuff.

Please describe to us your responsibilities outside of World of Warcraft:

I am an accountant working for an international company. I do a lot of CFO-level stuff.

Raiding Experience

Please describe your knowledge and experience with all Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade and Vanilla World of Warcraft.

All lvl 60 content, most of which were server and/or horde firsts on Bleeding Hollow. Some lvl 70 content (in all honesty I was pretty casual in BC). All lvl 80 content excluding Sarth 3D 10 man (got Twilight Vanquisher title over 2 months ago).

Learning and Self-Improvement

Ulduar is the newest hot topic raid instance. What encounters have you educated yourself on from this instance? Please give us a brief explanation of at least one of the fights from this instance.

I have been following Ulduar very closely and have read up / watched streams of every single encounter. My favorite so far is Mimiron, which has four phases; a ground phase where my job will be to DPS and get out every 30 seconds watching out for mines, another ground phase where I will need to spread out at max range and watch out for lolvoid zones and eye beam, then an air phase where I'll be helping manage adds and DPS the boss when he gets forced down, and then a combination phase where I will be splitting DPS between the bottom and middle parts while watching out for shit.

What sources do you use to attain information on raid encounters you have not yet completed? (please provide specific URLs)

www.elitistjerks.com
http://www.stratfu.com

What amount of time do you feel is long enough to spend wiping on a new encounter before it would be wise to call the raid for the night and come back another day?

I don't think that there is a set amount; I'll happily wipe 100 times as long as we are making progress and are not at a standstill.

What is your opinion of the raiding achievements blizzard has added to the game?

Seperates the best from the rest, I want 'em!

Do you set yourself goals in World of Warcraft? If so, what goals have you completed in the past, and what are your current goals?

My current goal is to obtain BiS gear prior to Ulduar.

PVP Experience

Do you currently participate in arena PVP?

I'm casual about PvP atm, rogues are weak and I have not been able to find a good partner.

Please explain your Burning Crusade PVP accomplishments:

2k+ all brackets while leading all teams

Technical Feasibility

Please describe the computer(s) [technically] and surrounding environment you play in:

GeForce 6200 256MB, 1G RAM, 2.5 GhZ. Old but gets the job done.

Do you ever experience FPS lag?

Yes.

Do you ever get disconnected from the Internet? If so, why?

Recently have been having issues with my router (replacing this week), previously no.

Do you currently own a full working version of Fraps?

Yes

Do you own any video editing software? If so, are you familiar with it?

Sony Vegas, and yes

Would you be interested in assisting with guild video projects?

After I upgrade my computer. :P

Bonus Points

What do you think "Park Balance" means? Be creative and have fun.

Well, since you formed during BC, park balance druids - don't bring inferior specs to raids. Of course now they're actually good. :O

Post subject: Re: M-APP: Shaithis - Rogue - 80
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:30 am 
Park Management

I am originally from Bleeding Hollow Server when Death Monkey was on it.

Your app is nice. Just to clarify, do you want to raid Mon-Thursday or do you want to raid casually? Were in need of a great rogue and its true, good ones are hard to find.

If interested still, plz contact lithic or jugganot ingame. Most likely we will ask you into vent to see what you want and what we expect.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:40 am 

Lithic wrote:
I am originally from Bleeding Hollow Server when Death Monkey was on it.

Your app is nice. Just to clarify, do you want to raid Mon-Thursday or do you want to raid casually? Were in need of a great rogue and its true, good ones are hard to find.

If interested still, plz contact lithic or jugganot ingame. Most likely we will ask you into vent to see what you want and what we expect.

Hi. Yep, we both xfered here at the same time then. :)

I want to raid Mon-Thursday for sure, however I cannot promise that I will be on every day. My gf works 3-4 evenings during the week which complements my WoW habit nicely, but she does not work every night and sometimes we have ppl over or go out when she is home. You can expect at least 80% attendance though.

I'll be online tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:47 am 
Park Management

Contact me ingame:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:28 pm 
Who took my picnic basket?

Just curious... why don't you have your librarian paper cutter in your MH and sinister's revenge in your OH?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 pm 
Park Groundskeeper

Quote:
Please, I've been hearing about you guys right after you took the same xfer we did back in 2006.

This confuses me a little.

Are you under the impression that Park Balance was a guild on Bleeding Hollow that transfered at the same time you did?

Quote:
GeForce 6200 256MB, 1G RAM, 2.5 GhZ. Old but gets the job done.

You dont have FPS issues with this computer? I am running a 9800 GTX+, 4 gigs of ram an AMD 6000+ (3.1 ghz) and I can barely break 15 fps in raids, its been driving me nuts.

Oh and just an FYI, around when we reformed in TBC (Right as we were starting SSC/TK) Dorro, our guild Balance Druid was one of our top dps, and he remained a top dps up until sunwell when he retired. It was possible to push decent dps as a balance druid back then, just not easy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:32 pm 

cptstabbin wrote:
Just curious... why don't you have your librarian paper cutter in your MH and sinister's revenge in your OH?

I'm dual IP muti spec. :)

Shore wrote:
Quote:
Please, I've been hearing about you guys right after you took the same xfer we did back in 2006.

This confuses me a little.

Are you under the impression that Park Balance was a guild on Bleeding Hollow that transfered at the same time you did?

No, Cho'gall was a destination server. We moved from BH, you guys moved from somewhere else (Arthas or KJ, can't remember).

Quote:
You dont have FPS issues with this computer? I am running a 9800 GTX+, 4 gigs of ram an AMD 6000+ (3.1 ghz) and I can barely break 15 fps in raids, its been driving me nuts.

Everything is turned down to minimum and I play in 800x600 maximized with multisampling at 16bit/16bit. I also don't run resource-heavy mods like Recount. All that said, I'm usually between 10-20 fps. Recently I found this post http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=44047.0 that actually helped a ton, I highly recommend it to anyone who has fps issues.

Quote:
Oh and just an FYI, around when we reformed in TBC (Right as we were starting SSC/TK) Dorro, our guild Balance Druid was one of our top dps, and he remained a top dps up until sunwell when he retired. It was possible to push decent dps as a balance druid back then, just not easy.

Heh I figured that wasn't it but you said have fun. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:55 pm 
Park Groundskeeper

Quote:
No, Cho'gall was a destination server. We moved from BH, you guys moved from somewhere else (Arthas or KJ, can't remember).

Ah yeah thats what I figured you thought, actually Park Balance was founded in late May of 2007. We reformed from a guild called Insurrection, which had been on Cho'gall since its inception. I myself was the first horde to level 10 on Cho'gall. So the original core of Park Balance were Cho'gall vets, we arent a transfer guild.

And as far as your bonus question answer, by all means I didnt mean to critisize it, I just like to brag about our member's abilities :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 pm 
Who took my picnic basket?

yea most mut rogues are dual IP but since ppm hasn't changed yet or 3.1 isn't live yet... Fast/MH Slow/OH is better and has been

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 pm 

cptstabbin wrote:

yea most mut rogues are dual IP but since ppm hasn't changed yet or 3.1 isn't live yet... Fast/MH Slow/OH is better and has been

I agree that fast / slow is better, but the low DPS on LPC vs SR overrules this and makes the SR a better MH due to offhands hitting at 75% power. I've confirmed this on the latest spreadsheet. When I finally get a WD, it will be WD/SR until 3.1.

I enjoyed talking with you guys but I would like to put this app on hold for now. I will let an officer know if this changes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:09 am 
Park Management

At this time our rogue status is full. Thank you for applying.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]