* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: M-APP: Takanit - Hunter - 80
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:24 pm 

Introduction

Character Name: Takanit

Class: Hunter

Level: 80

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Takanit

First Name: Maxime

Are you currently a Park Visitor?
No

WoW Background

Previous Guilds (include dates and servers please):
I'm a fairly recent transfer on Cho'gall (Oct 08). My only guild on this server was LOLLOLOOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOOL because I've always preferred PvP. However, with the current state of arena, I would like to spend more time in PvE. Before transferring, I had my own PvP guild on the Blood Furnace server.

Raiding Spec you prefer:

My armory is currently showing my PvP spec. For raiding in the current state of hunters, I would go 6/14/51 survival. Point spending in the survival tree would depend on the availability of other classes that provide the Replenishment buff.

Description of your Gear:
In my opinion, my current PvE gear setup is the best setup a Hunter can have before raiding - both myself and my pet are hitcapped and I focus on agility/AP due to the explosive shot scaling mechanics.

Why do you play World of Warcraft?
I enjoy MMOs because of the progression they provide. I'm a solid and competent player who strives to perform the best I can in every situation.

Why did you choose to apply to Park Balance?

I've recently started doing some 2v2 with Amba and I feel that he represents the guild pretty well. I also know about certain previous LOL members who went to Park Balance and have been happy with their choice.

How did you find out about us?
This guild came up into a discussion I was having with Amba. I had heard vaguely about the guild before, but had never really informed myself due to my limited interest with PvE until recently.

Are there any members from Park Balance that can be contacted for a referral?
Mechanize, Amba, Pyrilus, Mozart, Cameraman

Activity

Currently our schedule for 25 man raids is from 8PM to 12AM Monday to Thursday.

10 Man raids are now considered "casual" and will be organized by the members whenver it is convenient for them.

I am available during these periods.

Your Background

Do you play any other computer or console games?
Not currently, although I do enjoy making new runs through Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 every once in a while.

Please describe to us your responsibilities outside of World of Warcraft:
This semester, I am a part-time college student. I work monday and friday during the day.

Will any of these ever conflict with raid times? If so, what days will you miss? (Please be honest! We are all real people with schedules.)
While none of these directly conflict with the raiding schedule, it is possible that I miss the monday raid since my job is physically intensive and I can be exhausted when I get back home (traffic doesn't help either!).

Raiding Experience

Please describe your knowledge and experience with all Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King.
As mentioned earlier, I'm mainly a PvPer so I haven't done all that much raiding this expansion. For 10man, I've done all but Malygos and KT. For 25man, I haven't done Malygos, Sapphiron and KT.

Learning and Self-Improvement

Do you watch videos and read strategies of encounters, even ones you have not completed?
Yes. I strive to perform to the best of my abilities and will do the research necessary to be ready before the raid.

If so, what encounters are you educated on that you have not yet done yourself?
I have done the research for Malygos and KT. While experience is a big part of understanding a fight, I feel like I can do those encounters without being a liability.

Have you ever been offended by someone telling you what to do or how to do it?
If it's in a polite and respectable manner, never.

If so, how did you handle the situation and what did you learn from it?
N/A

Would you consider yourself motivated to improve both in playing ability and professionalism?
Yes.

PVP Experience

Do you currently participate in arena PVP?

Yes.

Please explain your Burning Crusade PVP accomplishments:
I've started PvPing seriously during S3. I got my full S3 set rather easily and usually coasted around 2100. I used to be on a small battlegroup where the queues were a nightmare as soon as you got above 2k, so I never bothered farming higher than that, although I'm sure I could've been able to. In S4, I got the full set but the shoulders for the same reason (my BG was nearly dead a couple weeks after the season started) which is part of why I transferred to Cho'gall.

Technical Feasibility

Please describe the computer(s) [technically] and surrounding environment you play in:
This is currently my weakness as my computer is rather old (2.53 ghz, 1gb RAM, old video card). However, I will be upgrading to a much better gaming computer in the very near future.

Do you ever experience FPS lag?
Yes.

Do you ever get disconnected from the Internet? If so, why?
Very rarely. They're usually small hiccups that go allow me to reconnect right away.

Do you currently own a full working version of Fraps?
No.

Do you own any video editing software? If so, are you familiar with it?
No.

Would you be interested in assisting with guild video projects?
I currently do not have the abilities or the equipment to contribute with such a project.

Bonus Points

What do you think "Park Balance" means? Be creative and have fun.
This one has me scratching my head. If I had to keep it very simple, it would sound like some sort of online playground with the officers being in charge of keeping the place safe and enjoyable for all. :P (Keep in mind that English is my second language!)

Post subject: Re: M-APP: Takanit - Hunter - 80
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:04 am 

Update - I now have experience with all raids except Malygos.

Also, I'd appreciate if some kind of response could be given regarding this application. It's already been almost a week and I have yet to hear about it at all - I've been told that the recruitment officer has been rather busy lately which is understandable, but seeing as he posted on the realm forums recently, I'd like to know where I stand so nobody's time is wasted.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:12 am 
Park Groundskeeper

I beleive we spoke already once just after you applied. I told you that we werent in need of a hunter at the moment but I would get back to you if that changed.

Please contact me in game next time you see me online. I will be online tomorrow from 3pm to 5pm server and between 3am and 5am server. If these times dont line up with your schedule I apologize.

We are interested in your application now I just need to sort one thing out with you first.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:49 pm 
Park Groundskeeper

I have made numerous attempts to contact you in game, it seems you have lost interest. I am closing this application.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]